Thursday, April 29, 2010

The Shins, stealing my heart as usual

So lately, I have been on a MAJOR shins kick. I mean, this is not your average, buy every track on itunes binge. I've always loved the shins' organic sound and their knack for creating the perfect harmonies and quirky vocals. As a writer, I totally worship their lyrical structures and the profundity in each song. Lets just say that my vinyl collection has grown quite a bit in the last couple of weeks.                                       


I would quite honestly give up the lot of it though for the chance to see one of my favorite bands live. I recall a year or so ago when my beautiful baby sister called me from upstate New York with an excited tone in her voice..

"I'm going to see the Shins tonight!" she said...
and then I died. . . really. I was beyond jealousy.
One day I will see them, I suppose.

For now, here is a video that sets my heart aflutter. gorgeous song, great harmonies fantastic and intriguing video. The orchestral arrangement totally indulges my inner orchestra nerd.
enjoy!

"Since I dont have the time nor mind to figure out, The nursery rhymes that helped us out and make a sense of our lives. The cruel uneventful state of apathy releases me I value them but I won't cry if the time was wiped out"








No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers